This Policy applies to Personal Information that is Processed by SDMH in the course of our business, including on SDMH websites (each a “Site”), mobile applications, forums, blogs, and other online or offline offerings (together with any and all future online and offline offerings operated by or on behalf of SDMH, the “Services”). This Policy does not apply to companies that SDMH does not own or control. All individuals whose responsibilities include the Processing of Personal Information on behalf of SDMH are expected to protect that data by adherence to this Policy.
- TRANSPARENCY/NOTICE—TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from Third-Party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with SDMH and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that SDMH may collect Personal Information include:
- You may provide Personal Information directly to SDMH through interacting with the Services, participating in surveys, and requesting Services or information.
- As you navigate the Services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of Processing. Below are the ways we collect Personal Information and how we use it.
3.1 Types of Personal Information We Collect:
SDMH collects Personal Information regarding its customers, users, visitors, and guests (collectively “Individuals”).
- Information You Provide Directly to Us. When you use the Services or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an account with SDMH, responding to surveys, requesting Services or information, or contacting us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Communications with Us. We may collect Personal Information from you such as email address, phone number or mailing address, or other information when you choose to request information about our Services, register for SDMH’s newsletter or otherwise communicate with us.
- Surveys. From time to time, we may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information. All information collected from your participation in our surveys is provided by you voluntarily. We may use such information to improve our products, Site and/or Services and in any manner consistent with the policies provided herein.
- Posting on the Site. SDMH may offer publicly accessible pages, blogs, or community forums. You should be aware that, when you disclose information about yourself on SDMH’s public pages, blogs, and community forums, the Site will collect the information you provide in such submissions, including any Personal Information. If you choose to submit content to any public area of the Site, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically through our Services or other methods of web analysis, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, Advertiser ID, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services such as preferences.
- Information Submitted Via Services. SDMH will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so; (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a Service will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
3.2 How SDMH Uses Your Information:
We acquire, hold, use, and Process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested. SDMH may use information about you to fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services, including to:
- Generally manage Individual information and accounts;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of SDMH’s Services;
- Contact you to answer requests for customer support or technical support;
- Allow you to register for events.
- Administrative Purposes. SDMH may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in SDMH’s Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Verify Individual identity;
- Communicate about Individual accounts and activities on SDMH’s Services and systems, and, in SDMH’s discretion, changes to any SDMH policy;
- Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- Process sponsorships and transactions;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- Marketing SDMH Products and Services. SDMH may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. SDMH may provide you with these materials by postal mail, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
- To tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
- To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you;
You may contact us at any time to opt out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as described in Section 5.
- Research and Development. SDMH may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities.
- Direct Mail or Email. Individuals who provide us with Personal Information, or whose Personal Information we obtain from Third Parties, may receive periodic emails, newsletters, or mailings from us with information on SDMH’s products and services or events we believe may be of interest. Refer to the option to decline in Section 5 below.
- Telephone. It is the policy of SDMH that no marketing calls will be made to Individuals. Phone calls will be made to individuals for business purposes only.
- Anonymous and Aggregated Information Use. SDMH may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access SDMH’s Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and SDMH may use such information in several ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within SDMH and with Third Parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
- Other Uses. SDMH may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
3.3 Cookies, Pixel Tags/Web Beacons, and Interest-Based Advertising:
- Cookies. Cookies are electronic identifiers that are transferred automatically to your computer through your browser that allow our computers to save certain information you provide us and store information about you so we can recognize you when you visit our Site in the future. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Site may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
3.4 Third-Party Websites AND Social Media Platforms:
Although this Policy applies to all information obtained by you for the purpose of accessing or using content controlled and owned by SDMH, it does not apply to businesses or entities that are not owned or controlled by us.
The Site contains links to other Third-Party websites. Please be aware that SDMH does not claim any responsibility for the privacy practices of these Third-Party sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to take reasonable precautions, including reading the privacy policies of Third-Party websites when sharing your personal Information on Third-Party websites.
SDMH’s Services may include publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by Third Parties for any number of purposes.
- ONWARD TRANSFER
4.1 Information We Share:
It is SDMH’s policy not to disclose, sell, or rent your Personal Information to any individual, business, government entity, or outside parties except as needed to provide the Services you’ve requested through us.
- OPT-OUT (RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING)
You have the right to opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to SDMH’s Processing of your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt out of further Processing by contacting email@example.com. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Sites.
- DATA RETENTION
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
- OTHER RIGHTS AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION
8.1 California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the Third Parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. SDMH does not share Personal Information with Third Parties for their own marketing purposes.